Join us and see how everyone – especially you – can make an impact.
- This event has passed.
Winter Tree ID Virtual Workshop
February 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Without their leaves, all trees look the same—to the untrained eye. But with a bit of knowledge, you can learn how to spot a black oak from a shagbark hickory just by looking at their buds, bark, and branching. Join us for a free webinar to learn the basics of tree identification and how to apply these skills in the middle of winter and any time of year!
Winter tree ID is a useful skill for:
- hands-on classroom learning,
- invasive plant management,
- planning for spring landscaping,
- getting outside in the winter, and
- impressing your friends!
This webinar is has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 3, 2022 @ 6pm Central / 7pm Eastern Time. You may participate via Zoom by RSVPing below, or joining us via Facebook Live. RSVPing is highly recommended as you will receive educational material beforehand to supplement your learning.
If you’re looking to get a head start, check out these helpful field guides:
- 101 Trees of Indiana by Marion T. Jackson
- Michigan Trees by Burton V. Barnes and Warren H. Wagner, Jr.
- Native Trees of the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks, Harmon P. Weeks, Jr., & George R. Parker
- Shrubs and Woody Vines of Indiana and the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks & Harmon P. Weeks, Jr.
This event is held free to the public. If you are able, please consider making a contribution to support our goal of providing environmental education opportunities to everyone. Thank you!