Join us and see how everyone – especially you – can make an impact.
- This event has passed.
Winter Tree ID In-Person Workshop #1
February 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Whether you’ve studied up through our Virtual Winter Tree ID Workshop or are just getting into plant identification, come join us at Lydick Bog Nature Preserve to put your skills into action. Our very own ecologist Doug Botka will show you the difference between oaks, maples, elms, and more, and even distinguish between trees of the same genus!
This event is limited to 10 individuals. Please RSVP through the website (not through Facebook) to reserve your spot. Please meet at Lydick Bog Nature Preserve, February 5th at 10am Eastern Time.
This event is fully booked. If you would like to join another day, please check out our Winter Tree ID workshops for February 10th and 12th. If you are signed up and are no longer able to attend, please contact us to cancel your reservation.
Winter tree ID is a useful skill for:
- hands-on classroom learning,
- invasive plant management,
- planning for spring landscaping,
- getting outside in the winter, and
- impressing your friends!
If you’re looking to get a head start, check out these helpful field guides:
- 101 Trees of Indiana by Marion T. Jackson
- Michigan Trees by Burton V. Barnes and Warren H. Wagner, Jr.
- Native Trees of the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks, Harmon P. Weeks, Jr., & George R. Parker
- Shrubs and Woody Vines of Indiana and the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks & Harmon P. Weeks, Jr.
This event is held free to the public. If you are able, please consider making a contribution to support our goal of providing environmental education opportunities to everyone. Thank you!