Join us and see how everyone – especially you – can make an impact.
- This event has passed.
Winter Tree ID In-Person Workshop #2
February 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Our first Winter Tree ID Workshop booked up so fast, we had to schedule two more!
Whether you’ve studied up through our Virtual Winter Tree ID Workshop or are just getting into plant identification, come join us at Meadowbrook Nature Preserve to put your skills into action. Our very own Cody Banks will show you the difference between oaks, maples, elms, and more, and even distinguish between trees of the same genus!
This event is limited to 10 individuals. Please RSVP through the website (not through Facebook) to reserve your spot. Please meet at Meadowbrook Nature Preserve by 1pm Central Time.
We have also scheduled an additional workshop at Lydick Bog Nature Preserve for Saturday, February 12 at 10am Eastern Time.
Winter tree ID is a useful skill for:
- hands-on classroom learning,
- invasive plant management,
- planning for spring landscaping,
- getting outside in the winter, and
- impressing your friends!
If you’re looking to get a head start, check out these helpful field guides:
- 101 Trees of Indiana by Marion T. Jackson
- Michigan Trees by Burton V. Barnes and Warren H. Wagner, Jr.
- Native Trees of the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks, Harmon P. Weeks, Jr., & George R. Parker
- Shrubs and Woody Vines of Indiana and the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks & Harmon P. Weeks, Jr.
This event is held free to the public. If you are able, please consider making a contribution to support our goal of providing environmental education opportunities to everyone. Thank you!