- This event has passed.
Winter Tree ID In-Person Workshop #5
February 26 @ 1:00 PM - 3:30 PMFree
Our first Winter Tree ID Workshop booked up so fast, we had to schedule more!
Whether you’ve studied up through our Virtual Winter Tree ID Workshop (watch the recording here) or are just getting into plant identification, come join us at Lydick Bog Nature Preserve to put your skills into action. This event is limited to 10 individuals. Please RSVP through the website to reserve your spot. We will meet at Lydick Bog Nature Preserve on Saturday, February 26 by 1pm Eastern Time.
Winter tree ID is a useful skill for:
- hands-on classroom learning,
- invasive plant management,
- planning for spring landscaping,
- getting outside in the winter, and
- impressing your friends!
If you’re looking to get a head start, check out these helpful field guides:
- 101 Trees of Indiana by Marion T. Jackson
- Michigan Trees by Burton V. Barnes and Warren H. Wagner, Jr.
- Native Trees of the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks, Harmon P. Weeks, Jr., & George R. Parker
- Shrubs and Woody Vines of Indiana and the Midwest by Sally S. Weeks & Harmon P. Weeks, Jr.
You may also browse through these online resources:
- A nontechnical winter key to the fifty trees
- Pocket Reference for Winter Tree Identification
- Winter Tree Identification Key
- Field Museum’s Tree ID Guides
This event is held free to the public. If you are able, please consider making a contribution to support our goal of providing environmental education opportunities to everyone. Thank you!