Complete and submit the online application below, anytime before the July 20, 2020 deadline.
- Plantings should be primarily at least in the second growing season.
- Native plants are defined as those growing in this region before European settlement (Please refer to “Landscaping with Plants Native to Indiana”)
- Landscaping must be generally free of invasive, non-native plants. Learn more about Invasive species here.
- At least one water source for wildlife and/or water conservation
- Entrants must be located in Lake, Porter, LaPorte or St. Joseph Counties in Indiana.
What happens next?
Our Bringing Nature Home Committee, made up of staff and volunteers, will review your application and sure that your garden meets the program criteria.
This year, instead of an in person visit, we will arrange a phone call to talk to you about your garden/landscape.
If desired, you may submit additional photos to Communications Coordinator Barb Labus at email@example.com.