Applications are open from Earth Day, April 22, to August 1, 2023.
- Plantings should be primarily at least in the second growing season.
- Native plants are defined as those growing in this region before European settlement. Learn more here.
- Landscaping must be generally free of (or in the process of removing) invasive, non-native plants. Learn more about invasive species here.
- Space should contain at least one water source for wildlife and/or water conservation.
- Entrants must be located in Lake, Porter, LaPorte, St. Joseph, Marshall, or Starke Counties in Indiana.
What happens next?
Our Bringing Nature Home Committee, made up of staff and volunteers, will review your application and sure that your garden meets the program criteria. Then, a staff member will contact you to arrange an in-person tour of your garden/landscape. If you do not feel comfortable with an in-person visit due to COVID-19, we will arrange a phone call to talk about your application.
Bringing Nature Home Application
If desired, you may submit additional photos to email@example.com.